Enjoy the view of numerous peaks from upn high and anticipate the great run down - this feeling is indescribable. Treat yourself to such moments in the ski area of Obertauern. The resort is well-known as one of the most snowsure ski areas in the Alps. Winter sports enthusiasts rave about the perfect snow and piste conditions from mid-November until the beginning of May. Yet there are plenty of alternatives to skiing on offer too: experience your own personal winter fairy tale whilst cross country skiing, backcountry skiing, snowshoeing, sledging etc. A wonderful winter & ski holiday in Obertauern awaits!
On the piste, get set, go!
Skiing & Snowboarding in the Top ski area of
Obertauern in Salzburg
- First-rate ski area in the heart of Salzburg: Obertauern ski area with around 100 km of pistes at an altitude of between 1.630 & 2.313 m
- 61 km of easy slopes, 35 km medium difficulty, 4 km of difficult slopes
- Highlight of the ski area: Tauern circuits to circle the resort on skis
- Spectacular 2-seater chairlift Gamsleiten II to the highest point of the Obertauern ski area
- Timed racing run & speed measurement runs
- Snowpark The Spot Obertauern on the Kehrkopfbahn lift with 40 elements, freestyle freeride routes & freeride Checkpoint
- Bibo Bear Family Ski Park & ghost train in the Fairy Tale Park
- For early risers: every Wednesday the Gamsleiten I 6-seater chairlift, Achenrainbahn & Zehnerkarbahn lifts (from 8.30 am)
- For night owls: night skiing on the Edelweissbahn lift on Mondays & Thursday (7.00 to 10.00 pm)
- Ski rental shops & ski schools offering private tuition & group lessons for all ability levels
- Sunshine Appartements situated right on the ski slopes, ski pass office plus sports shop & ski rental next door